LA Lafayette 68
(11-19, 1-14 away)
Ark-Little Rock 77
(16-14, 13-4 home)
Venue: Jack Stephens Center
8:30PM ET / 5:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
||S Long 19
||S Long 8
||E Payton 8
||W Neighbour 17
||W Neighbour 11
||J Gillon 5
Louisiana lost on their home court to Arkansas-Little Rock 77-68 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 28. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Ragin Cajuns got 17 points and eight assists (4 Reb 3 Stl) from Elfrid Payton. Shawn Long also had a good outing, scoring a game-high 19 points and adding eight rebounds. Will Neighbour got a double-double for the Trojans on a team-high 17 points and 11 rebounds. Louisiana (11-19, 7-12 Sun Belt) goes to Louisiana-Monroe (4-20, 3-15 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Louisiana Game Notes
- The Ragin Cajuns have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.0 percent or worse.
- Louisiana has lost 85 percent of the time this season (2-11) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Louisiana has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Louisiana has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Louisiana has lost 83 percent of the time (2-10).
- ULL set a season low for turnovers (eight).
- Louisiana has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two scorers (Shawn Long and Alan-Michael Thompson) accounted for 54.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Shawn Long and Elfrid Payton) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Shawn Long has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 26 times in 30 games this season.
- Elfrid Payton has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Shawn Long has six straight double-digit point games.
Arkansas-Little Rock Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Will Neighbour and Josh Hagins) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Will Neighbour and Josh Hagins) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Will Neighbour has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 20 times in 30 games this season.
- Will Neighbour recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Will Neighbour recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and seventh of his career.