Arkansas State 50
(18-10, 5-8 away)
North Texas 74
(12-19, 9-8 home)
Venue: UNT Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||M Hooten 18
||T Finn 9
||C Golden 1
||A Williams 19
||T Mitchell 13
||N Stojilkovic 4
Arkansas State was destroyed by North Texas 74-50 in conference play on an evening when they mustered only 25 percent from the floor. With the loss, the Red Wolves even the season series against North Texas at 1-1. The Red Wolves got a season-high 18 points and five rebounds from Marcus Hooten. Edward Townsel got 14 points and added four rebounds. Tony Mitchell recorded a double-double for the Mean Green on 10 points and 13 rebounds. Arkansas State (18-10, 12-7 Sun Belt) takes on Arkansas-Little Rock (16-14, 10-9 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Arkansas State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:57 left to go.
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Arkansas State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 48.1 percent or better this season, Arkansas State has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Arkansas State has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- A-State set season lows for assists (one), field goals made (17), field goal percentage (25.0), three-pointers (one), three-point percentage (4.3), and total points (50).
- The Red Wolves have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- Marcus Hooten accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Trey Finn and Kendrick Washington) accounted for 44.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Trey Finn has led the team in rebounding in five out of 28 games this season.
- Kendrick Washington had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Brandon Peterson.
North Texas Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Alzee Williams and Jordan Williams) accounted for 47.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Tony Mitchell and Niko Stojilkovic) accounted for 46.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Alzee Williams has led the team in scoring five times in 31 games this season.
- Tony Mitchell has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 31 games this season.
- Alzee Williams has nine straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Mitchell recorded the 23rd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tony Mitchell has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tony Mitchell recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 19th of his career.