Weber State 70
(21-5, 9-4 away)
Sacramento State 55
(13-13, 9-4 home)
Venue: The Nest
10:05PM ET / 7:05PM PT, February 28, 2013
||D Berry 22
||F Otis 8
||D Berry 7
||D Garrity 12
||K Veteto 7
||D Garrity 8
On a night when they scored 33 points from beyond the three-point line, Weber State won big over Sacramento State 70-55 in conference action. The Wildcats remain undefeated against Sacramento State this season at 2-0. Davion Berry played well for the Wildcats and put up a game-high 22 points and seven assists. Scott Bamforth had 14 points and added five rebounds. Dylan Garrity got 12 points and eight assists for the Hornets. Weber State (21-5, 15-2 Big Sky) takes on Northern Arizona (10-17, 7-9 Big Sky) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Weber State Game Notes
- The last time Weber State started the season 21-5 was 2002.
- The win over Sacramento State extended the Weber State winning streak to eight games.
- Weber State beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- Weber State has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) after committing eight or fewer turnovers.
- Weber State has won every game this season (9-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- Weber State has won every game this season (15-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Weber State has won 86 percent of the time (12-2) when Scott Bamforth has 14 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Jordan Richardson plays 31 minutes or more, and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Davion Berry has four free throws made or more.
- The Wildcats set a season high for three-point percentage (55.0).
- The Wildcats have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 11 games.
- Davion Berry accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Frank Otis and Joel Bolomboy) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Davion Berry has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 26 games this season.
- Frank Otis has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Davion Berry's career.
- Davion Berry had a career high with seven assists.
- Scott Bamforth has three straight double-digit point games.
Sacramento State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Konner Veteto and Dylan Garrity) accounted for 43.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Konner Veteto and Joe Eberhard) accounted for 46.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Konner Veteto has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Konner Veteto has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for John Dickson.