Montana State 62
(11-15, 3-10 away)
Southern Utah 61
(11-16, 9-5 home)
Venue: Centrum Arena
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 28, 2013
||C Moon 17
||P Egwuonwu 13
||A Biglow 7
||J Stevenett 19
||J Johnson 6
||D Heuir 6
On Thursday, Feb. 28, Southern Utah took on Montana State and let one slip away to the Bobcats 62-61 in conference play. The Thunderbirds stay winless against Montana State this season at 0-2. The Thunderbirds were paced by Jackson Stevenett, who put up a game-high 19 points and six rebounds. Jayson Cheesman had 11 points and added five rebounds. For the Bobcats, Christian Moon finished with a team-high 17 points and four rebounds. Southern Utah (11-16, 8-9 Big Sky) takes on Montana (19-6, 15-1 Big Sky) on Monday, Mar. 4 on their home court.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- Southern Utah started 11-16 during the 2002, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Thunderbirds have been unlucky three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Southern Utah is 24-28 in close games.
- Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 41 or more rebounds this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- The Thunderbirds set a season high for three-point percentage (54.5).
- The last time SUU had a three-point percentage of 54.5 percent or higher was Mar 04, 2012 against Oakland.
- The Thunderbirds have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- Southern Utah has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Thunderbirds opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--SUU has a 6.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jackson Stevenett accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's points.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in scoring 15 times and in rebounding 12 times in 27 games this season.
- Jackson Stevenett has 21 straight double-digit point games.
Montana State Game Notes
- The Bobcats won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Montana State is 32-23 in close games.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded a team season high in rebounds with 13 and defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Christian Moon and Paul Egwuonwu) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Paul Egwuonwu accounted for 31.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Christian Moon has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Paul Egwuonwu has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 26 games this season.
- Christian Moon has three straight double-digit point games.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Paul Egwuonwu recorded a double-double. It was the third of his career.