South Dakota State 100
(22-9, 8-9 away)
(10-19, 6-6 home)
Venue: Ralston Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
|South Dakota State
|South Dakota State
||C White 23
||J Dykstra 17
||N Wolters 10
||J Simmons 29
||A Welhouse 6
||J Simmons 4
South Dakota State outrebounded Nebraska-Omaha 50-24 and waxed the Mavericks 100-82 in Summit League play on Thursday, Feb. 28. South Dakota State went up 51-31 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. The Jackrabbits remain unbeaten against Nebraska-Omaha this season at 2-0. Nate Wolters earned a double-double in the win with 18 points and 10 assists. Chad White was on fire from three-point range, going 6 for 7 on the way to a season-high 23 points. Justin Simmons got his third straight game with 20 points or more for the Mavericks, scoring a career-high 29 points (5 Reb 4 Ast 3 Stl) on 52.2 percent shooting in 32 minutes. For the Mavericks, Justin Simmons got a career-high 29 points and five rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl).
South Dakota State Game Notes
- SDSU beat the spread by six points. That makes the 13th time this season the Jackrabbits have beaten the spread.
- South Dakota State has won every game this season (8-0) when its three-point percentage has been 45.0 percent or better.
- The Jackrabbits have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 17 or more free throws made.
- SDSU has won 88 percent of the time this season (14-2) after holding an opponent to under 43.8 percent field goal percentage.
- SDSU has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) when opponents record two or fewer blocks.
- This season South Dakota State has won 86 percent of the time (12-2) when Jordan Dykstra has 14 points or more, 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Tony Fiegen has seven field goals made or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Brayden Carlson has four free throws made or more.
- The Jackrabbits set season highs for rebounds (50) and total points (100).
- The last time SDSU recorded at least 50 rebounds was Dec 08, 2010 against Mayville State.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17.
- The top two scorers (Chad White and Nate Wolters) accounted for 41.0 percent of the points.
- Jordan Dykstra accounted for 34.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 31 games this season.
- This game was the sixth double-digit assist game of Nate Wolters's career.
- Nate Wolters has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- Nate Wolters recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 10th of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 11th of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra had career highs with 17 rebounds, five offensive rebounds, and 12 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Chad White's career.
- Chad White has three straight double-digit point games.
- Chad White had career highs with six three-pointers and nine rebounds.
Nebraska-Omaha Game Notes
- Justin Simmons recorded a team season high in points with 29, field goals made with 12, and field goals attempted with 23.
- Justin Simmons accounted for 35.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Welhouse and Justin Simmons) accounted for 45.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Justin Simmons has led the team in scoring 18 times in 29 games this season.
- Alex Welhouse has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 29 games this season.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Justin Simmons's career.
- Justin Simmons has three straight 20+ point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for John Karhoff.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Alex Phillips.