(9-19, 2-12 away)
Murray State 68
(20-8, 11-4 home)
Venue: CFSB Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||M Liabo 20
||J Childs 6
||J Washington 2
||I Canaan 31
||E Daniel 12
||L Mushatt 2
Despite being favored to win by 19, Murray State lost in a stunner to Tennessee-Martin 69-68 in conference play. With the loss, the Racers even the season series against Tennessee-Martin at 1-1. Isaiah Canaan picked up his third straight game with 22 points or more for the Racers, scoring a game-high 31 points in 37 minutes. The Racers got a game-high 31 points from Isaiah Canaan, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Ed Daniel played his way to a double-double with 19 points and 12 rebounds. For the Skyhawks, Myles Taylor got 15 points and three rebounds. Murray State (20-8, 10-5 OVC) welcomes Southeast Missouri State (14-15, 6-8 OVC) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Murray State Game Notes
- The last time Murray State started the season 20-8 was 1999.
- The Racers have been unlucky four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Murray State is 30-21 in close games.
- Murray State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after recording 68 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Murray State has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- Murray State set a season low for blocks (one).
- Murray State has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--Murray State has a 10.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Isaiah Canaan accounted for 45.5 percent of the team's points.
- Ed Daniel accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Canaan has led the team in scoring in 23 out of 28 games this season.
- Ed Daniel has led the team in rebounding in 23 out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the 35th 20-point game of Isaiah Canaan's career.
- Isaiah Canaan has three straight 20+ point games.
- Ed Daniel recorded the 20th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ed Daniel recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 15th of his career.
Tennessee-Martin Game Notes
- The Skyhawks won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee-Martin is 19-21 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Mike Liabo and Myles Taylor) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- Mike Liabo has led the team in scoring eight times in 28 games this season.
- Myles Taylor has 23 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the ninth foul out of the season for Myles Taylor.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Mike Liabo's career.
- Mike Liabo has eight straight double-digit point games.