Morehead State 101
(14-16, 4-11 away)
Tennessee State 100
(16-13, 10-3 home)
Venue: Gentry Complex
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||A Warner 23
||C Posthumus 10
||D Atkinson 8
||K Thornton 29
||R Covington 8
||P Miller 5
Morehead State shot 61.7 percent from the floor and just barely slipped by Tennessee State 101-100 in OVC action on Thursday, Feb. 28. The Eagles stay unbeaten against Tennessee State this season at 2-0. The Eagles got a team-high 23 points from Angelo Warner, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Milton Chavis also had an excellent game, scoring 19 points and adding seven rebounds. Robert Covington finished with 23 points and eight rebounds for the Tigers. Next up for Morehead State (14-16, 8-7 OVC) is Tennessee Tech (11-17, 4-11 OVC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Morehead State Game Notes
- MSU beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Eagles have beaten the spread.
- The Eagles have won five close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Morehead State is 25-26 in close games.
- The Eagles have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 20 or more assists.
- This season Morehead State has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Milton Chavis has seven field goals made or more and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Devon Atkinson has four free throws made or more.
- The Eagles set season highs for field goal percentage (61.7), three-pointers (15), and three-point percentage (60.0).
- The last time MSU had a field goal percentage of 61.7 percent or higher was Jan 13, 2007 against Tennessee-Martin.
- The Eagles have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Morehead State has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Angelo Warner and Milton Chavis) accounted for 41.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Posthumus and Milton Chavis) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (26) than the starters (six).
- The bench recorded more points (63) than the starters (38).
- Angelo Warner has led the team in scoring in seven out of 30 games this season.
- Chad Posthumus has led the team in rebounding in 12 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Angelo Warner's career.
- Angelo Warner has four straight double-digit point games.
- Angelo Warner had career highs with seven field goals made and five three-pointers.
- Chad Posthumus recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Devon Atkinson.
- Milton Chavis has three straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tennessee State is 30-31 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Kellen Thornton and Robert Covington) accounted for 52.0 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (17) than the starters (seven).
- Kellen Thornton has led the team in scoring 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Robert Covington has led the team in rebounding nine times in 29 games this season.
- Patrick Miller has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Robert Covington's career.
- Robert Covington has seven straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Kellen Thornton's career.
- Kellen Thornton has five straight double-digit point games.
- Kellen Thornton set career highs with 29 points and four three-pointers.
- Jordan Cyphers has four straight double-digit point games.