(7-19, 2-8 away)
Texas State 67
(9-19, 5-11 home)
Venue: Strahan Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||C Rasmussen 18
||L Green 9
||P Obasi 11
||J Wright 16
||J Wright 7
||P Hawkins 3
Seattle lost by a slim margin to Texas State 67-65 in conference play in a game where they turned the ball over 19 times. The Redhawks are now 0-2 against Texas State this season. Prince Obasi earned a double-double in a losing effort with 11 points and 11 assists. Allen Tate had 14 points and added five rebounds. Matt Staff got 14 points and five rebounds for the Bobcats. Seattle (7-19, 2-14 WAC) heads to Texas-San Antonio (8-19, 3-12 WAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Seattle Game Notes
- The Redhawks have been unlucky seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seattle is 16-18 in close games.
- Seattle has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording 37 or fewer rebounds.
- Seattle has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Seattle has lost 100 percent of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Seattle has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition commits nine or fewer turnovers this season, Seattle has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- SU set season lows for blocks (zero) and steals (three).
- The Redhawks have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- Seattle has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 11 games.
- This is the seventh loss of the season where the Redhawks opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Chad Rasmussen recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 15.
- The top two scorers (Chad Rasmussen and Allen Tate) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Louis Green and Deshaun Sunderhaus) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Chad Rasmussen has led the team in scoring in seven out of 26 games this season.
- Louis Green has led the team in rebounding in four out of 26 games this season.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Prince Obasi's career.
- Prince Obasi recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Prince Obasi had a career high with 11 assists.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Deshaun Sunderhaus.
Texas State Game Notes
- The Bobcats won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas State is 28-28 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Joel Wright and Deonte` Jones) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Wright and Matt Staff) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Joel Wright has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 14 times in 28 games this season.
- Joel Wright has four straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Staff has three straight double-digit point games.
- Vonn Jones set a career high with four steals.
|-||Basil Brown II||10||0||0||0||0||0||0|