South Alabama 73
(16-11, 6-6 away)
Western Kentucky 79
(16-14, 11-4 home)
Venue: E.A. Diddle Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||A Rubit 23
||J Carter 10
||A Rubit 4
||T Price 22
||G Fant 8
||J Crook 4
Western Kentucky knocked off South Alabama 79-73 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 28. With the win, the Hilltoppers tie the season series against South Alabama at 1-1. T.J. Price was exceptional for the Hilltoppers and put up a team-high 22 points and six rebounds. Brandon Harris also had an excellent outing, scoring 12 points and adding eight rebounds. For the Jaguars, Augustine Rubit got a game-high 23 points and nine rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). This makes three wins in a row for the Hilltoppers. Western Kentucky (16-14, 10-9 Sun Belt) takes on Middle Tennessee State (26-4, 18-1 Sun Belt) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Western Kentucky Game Notes
- The win over South Alabama extended the Western Kentucky winning streak to three games.
- WKU beat the spread by one points. That makes the 14th time this season the Hilltoppers have beaten the spread.
- The Hilltoppers have won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after recording 13 or more assists.
- Western Kentucky has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 48.2 percent or better.
- WKU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 41.1 percent field goal percentage.
- WKU has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) when opponents record 30 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Western Kentucky has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when George Fant has 13 points or more, 73 percent of the time (8-3) when T.J. Price has six field goals made or more, and 73 percent of the time (8-3) when Brandon Harris has eight rebounds or more.
- The Hilltoppers have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--WKU has a 8.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (T.J. Price and George Fant) accounted for 44.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Harris and George Fant) accounted for 42.1 percent of the rebounds.
- T.J. Price has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 30 games this season.
- Brandon Harris has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 30 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of T.J. Price's career.
- T.J. Price has six straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant has five straight double-digit point games.
- George Fant had a career high with four blocks.
- Brandon Harris has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Aleksejs Rostov.
South Alabama Game Notes
- Augustine Rubit accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Javier Carter accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in scoring 21 times in 27 games this season.
- Javier Carter has led the team in rebounding three times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the 24th 20-point game of Augustine Rubit's career.
- Javier Carter recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Javier Carter recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
|D||B. Stevens II||18||0||2||0||0||0||2|