Texas State turned the ball over only nine times and just barely beat Seattle 67-65 in conference action on Thursday, Feb. 28. With the win, the Bobcats stay unbeaten against Seattle this season at 2-0. The Bobcats got the win with 14 points and five rebounds from Matt Staff. Joel Wright had 16 points and added seven rebounds. Prince Obasi recorded a double-double for the Redhawks with 11 points and 11 assists. Next up for Texas State (9-19, 4-11 WAC) is Idaho (10-17, 5-11 WAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on their home court.
Texas State Game Notes
- The last time TXState started the season 9-19 was 2006.
- TXState beat the spread by one points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bobcats have beaten the spread.
- The Bobcats have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Texas State is 28-28 in close games.
- This season Texas State has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Phil Hawkins plays 33 minutes or more.
- Texas State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Bobcats came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--TXState has a -6.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Joel Wright and Deonte` Jones) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Joel Wright and Matt Staff) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Joel Wright has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 14 times in 28 games this season.
- Joel Wright has four straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Staff has three straight double-digit point games.
- Vonn Jones had a career high with four steals.
Seattle Game Notes
- The Redhawks have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Seattle is 16-18 in close games.
- This loss extended the Redhawks losing streak to six games.
- Chad Rasmussen recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 15.
- The top two scorers (Chad Rasmussen and Allen Tate) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Louis Green and Deshaun Sunderhaus) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Chad Rasmussen has led the team in scoring seven times in 26 games this season.
- Louis Green has led the team in rebounding four times in 26 games this season.
- This game was the third double-digit assist game of Prince Obasi's career.
- Prince Obasi recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
- Prince Obasi set a career high with 11 assists.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Deshaun Sunderhaus.