San Jose State 74
(9-17, 4-9 away)
(16-10, 6-7 home)
Venue: College Park Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
|San Jose State
|San Jose State
||L Garrett 25
||C Cunningham 13
||X Jones 5
||J Outler 15
||J Reves 9
||S White-Miller 7
On Thursday, Feb. 28, San Jose State forced only seven turnovers and got beat at home by Texas-Arlington 81-74 in conference play. The Spartans stay winless against Texas-Arlington this season at 0-2. The Spartans got a season-high 25 points (6 Reb 3 Stl) from Louis Garrett, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Chris Cunningham played his way to a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds. For the Mavericks, Jordan Reves finished with 10 points and nine rebounds. The Spartans are on a five-game losing streak. Next up for San Jose State (9-17, 3-12 WAC) is 25th-ranked Louisiana Tech (24-3, 14-0 WAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
San Jose State Game Notes
- The last time SJSU started the season 9-17 was 2011.
- SJSU beat the spread by four points. That makes the 10th time this season the Spartans have beaten the spread.
- San Jose State has lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after recording six or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.7 percent or better this season, San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition commits seven or fewer turnovers this season, San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- San Jose State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 11 games.
- Louis Garrett accounted for 33.7 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Cunningham accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Louis Garrett has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 26 games this season.
- Chris Cunningham recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Cunningham recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Louis Garrett's career.
Texas-Arlington Game Notes
- The bench recorded more points (49) than the starters (32).
- Jamel Outler has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Jordan Reves has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 26 games this season.