Middle Tennessee State squared off with Troy on Thursday, Feb. 28 and got a road win against the Trojans 66-56 in conference action. With a record of 2-0, the Blue Raiders stay unbeaten against Troy this season. The Blue Raiders got the win with nine points and eight assists from Bruce Massey Jr. Marcos Knight had a game-high 20 points and added eight rebounds. For the Trojans, Ray Chambers got a team-high 17 points and eight rebounds. The win streak for the Blue Raiders now stands at 15 games. Middle Tennessee State (26-4, 18-1 Sun Belt) gets Western Kentucky (15-14, 9-9 Sun Belt) on the road on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Middle Tennessee State Game Notes
- The win over Troy extended the Middle Tennessee State winning streak to 15 games.
- Middle Tennessee State has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.0 percent or better.
- Middle Tennessee State has won every game this season (10-0) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- The Blue Raiders have won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- MTSU has won every game this season (15-0) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- MTSU has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Middle Tennessee State has won 88 percent of the time (7-1) when Bruce Massey Jr has five rebounds or more.
- The Blue Raiders have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 15 games.
- Bruce Massey Jr recorded a team season high in assists with eight.
- Marcos Knight accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Marcos Knight has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 15 times in 30 games this season.
- Bruce Massey Jr had a career high with eight assists.
- Raymond Cintron had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Marcos Knight's career.
- Marcos Knight has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Marcos Knight had a career high with nine field goals made.
Troy Game Notes
- This loss extended the Trojans losing streak to four games.
- Ray Chambers accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Ray Chambers has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 11 times in 30 games this season.