South Dakota 87
(10-18, 5-11 away)
(6-24, 5-10 home)
Venue: IUPUI Gymnasium
7:30PM ET / 4:30PM PT, February 28, 2013
||T Gruis 26
||J Myles 7
||J Myles 5
||M Patton 24
||G Rice 7
||S Esposito 7
IUPUI was blown out by South Dakota 87-69 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 28. With the loss, the Jaguars remain winless against South Dakota this season at 0-2. The Jaguars got a good performance from Mitchell Patton, who put up a team-high 24 points and four rebounds. Sean Esposito also had a solid outing, scoring 12 points and adding seven assists. For the Coyotes, Trevor Gruis got a season-high 26 points and six rebounds. IUPUI (5-24, 1-14 Summit League) hosts Missouri-Kansas City (7-22, 4-10 Summit League) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
IUPUI Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:05 left to go.
- IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording four or fewer free throws made.
- The Jaguars have lost 92 percent of the time this season (1-11) after having a three-point percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 87 or more total points this season, IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time (0-8).
- When the opposition records 30 or more field goals made this season, IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time (0-13).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, IUPUI has lost 100 percent of the time (0-16).
- IUPUI set a season low for turnovers (seven).
- The Jaguars have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- IUPUI has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--IUPUI has a -2.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Mitchell Patton accounted for 34.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Greg Rice and Donovan Gibbs) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Mitchell Patton has led the team in scoring in eight out of 30 games this season.
- Sean Esposito had a career high with seven assists.
- Greg Rice had career highs with seven rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Mitchell Patton's career.
- Mitchell Patton had a career high with 12 field goals made.
South Dakota Game Notes
- Trevor Gruis recorded a team season high in field goals made with 10.
- The top two scorers (Trevor Gruis and Juevol Myles) accounted for 50.5 percent of the points.
- Trevor Gruis has led the team in scoring seven times in 28 games this season.
- Juevol Myles has led the team in rebounding three times in 28 games this season.
- Juevol Myles has five straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Trevor Gruis's career.
- Trevor Gruis has three straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Gruis set a career high with 10 field goals made.
- Casey Kasperbauer has three straight double-digit point games.