(13-17, 4-8 away)
Western Carolina 72
(12-18, 7-6 home)
Venue: Ramsey Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 28, 2013
||Z Mason 25
||Z Mason 14
||G McGhee 3
||B Boggs 21
||T King 12
||J Sinclair 5
Chattanooga stunned Western Carolina 81-72 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 28. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. The Mocs got a double-double out of Z Mason with a game-high 25 points and 14 rebounds. Gee McGhee had 12 points and added three rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). Tawaski King recorded a double-double for the Catamounts on 12 points and 12 rebounds. Next up for Chattanooga (13-17, 8-9 SoCon) is Appalachian State (12-14, 8-8 SoCon) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Chattanooga Game Notes
- UTC beat the spread by 17 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Mocs have beaten the spread.
- The Mocs have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 10 or more steals.
- UTC has won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) when opponents record 23 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Chattanooga has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Ronrico White has seven free throws made or more.
- The Mocs have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Chattanooga has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- Z Mason recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and defensive rebounds with 10.
- Z Mason accounted for 30.8 percent of the team's points.
- Z Mason accounted for 42.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Z Mason has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 18 times in 30 games this season.
- Gee McGhee has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Z Mason's career.
- Z Mason has four straight double-digit point games.
- Z Mason recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and seventh of his career.
- Z Mason had career highs with 11 free throws made, 14 rebounds, and 10 defensive rebounds.
Western Carolina Game Notes
- Tawaski King recorded a team season high in rebounds with 12.
- The top two scorers (Brandon Boggs and Tawaski King) accounted for 45.8 percent of the points.
- Tawaski King accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Brandon Boggs has led the team in scoring four times in 30 games this season.
- Tawaski King has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 30 games this season.
- Trey Sumler has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Trey Sumler.
- Tawaski King recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Tawaski King.
- Tawaski King recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and sixth of his career.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Brandon Boggs's career.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Mike Brown.