On Thursday, Feb. 28, Stony Brook won big against Boston University 71-55 in conference play. Stony Brook went up 36-17 at the half and continued to play well in the second half. The Seawolves stay undefeated against Boston University this season at 2-0. Tommy Brenton earned a double-double for the Seawolves including 14 points and 13 rebounds (7 Ast 3 Stl). Jameel Warney also put in a solid contribution, scoring a game-high 15 points and adding seven rebounds. For the Terriers, Maurice Watson Jr. got a team-high 13 points and five assists. The Seawolves are on a five-game win streak. The next game will be on Sunday, Mar. 3 when Stony Brook (22-6, 13-2 America East) hosts Albany (20-9, 8-6 America East).
Stony Brook Game Notes
- The win over Boston University extended the Stony Brook winning streak to five games.
- Stony Brook has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.2 percent or better.
- The Seawolves have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- Stony Brook has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after committing 14 or fewer turnovers.
- STKNY has won every game this season (14-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won every game this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 26.1 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Anthony Jackson has 12 points or more, 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Tommy Brenton plays 34 minutes or more, and 75 percent of the time (9-3) when Jameel Warney has six field goals made or more.
- The Seawolves have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- The top two scorers (Jameel Warney and Tommy Brenton) accounted for 40.8 percent of the points.
- Tommy Brenton accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 28 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 28 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton recorded the 49th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Tommy Brenton recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and 23rd of his career.
- Jameel Warney has four straight double-digit point games.
Boston University Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Maurice Watson Jr. and D.J. Irving) accounted for 41.8 percent of the points.
- Maurice Watson Jr. has led the team in scoring seven times in 29 games this season.
- Dom Morris has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 29 games this season.
- D.J. Irving has four straight double-digit point games.
- Maurice Watson Jr. has five straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Malik Thomas.