|Gonzaga||K Olynyk 17.7||E Harris 7.4||K Pangos 3.3|
|Brigham Young||T Haws 20.9||B Davies 7.7||M Carlino 4.4|
Brigham Young hosts No. 2 Gonzaga at Marriott Center on Thursday. Tipoff is at 11 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Cougars fell to the Bulldogs 83-63 on Jan. 24 and are 2-3 against them over the last four years.
Gonzaga and Brigham Young are neck and neck in the West Coast, holding down first and third place, respectively.
In spite of 25 points and 9 rebounds from Brandon Davies, the Cougars came up short 64-57 against Saint Mary's on Feb. 21. He leads the team with 7.7 rebounds per game and 1.1 blocks per game. For the Bulldogs, Kelly Olynyk finished with 14 points and 9 rebounds in the 81-50 blowout of San Diego on Feb. 23. With 17.7 points per game and 1.2 blocks per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Three advanced metrics in which Gonzaga is especially proficient are effective field goal percentage at 56.7 percent, offensive rebounding percentage at 38.4 percent, and turnover percentage at 17.7 percent.
- The Brigham Young assist leader (Matt Carlino, 128 assists) has more assists than the Gonzaga assist leader (Kevin Pangos, 96 assists).
- The Brigham Young scoring leader (Tyler Haws, 606 points) has more points than the Gonzaga scoring leader (Kelly Olynyk, 461 points).
- Diaper Dandies love Brigham Young. Brigham Young has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Gonzaga (5 vs. 0).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Brigham Young currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (985 to 979) than Gonzaga, per the NCAA.
- Brandon Davies is ranked 22nd nationally in points, 4th in the West Coast in rebounds, 8th in the West Coast in steals, and 4th in the West Coast in blocks.
- The Brigham Young steals leader (Matt Carlino, 57 steals) has more steals than the Gonzaga steals leader (David Stockton, 46 steals).
- Tyler Haws is ranked 7th nationally in points and 9th in the West Coast in steals.
- Matt Carlino is ranked 6th in the West Coast in assists and 37th nationally in steals.
- The Brigham Young basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Gonzaga (100 percent vs. 73 percent).
|C||Guy Landry Edi||12||3||2||0||0||0||1|