Loyola Marymount vs. Santa Clara: Full Game Preview
|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.4||A Hamilton 6.8||A Ireland 3.7|
|Santa Clara||K Foster 17.9||M Trasolini 7.8||E Roguemore 5.5|
On Thursday, Loyola Marymount travels to Leavey Center to take on Santa Clara. It takes place at 11 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSN-BAY. The Lions beat the Broncos 84-80 on Jan. 10 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
Santa Clara is in fourth place in the conference and Loyola Marymount is in ninth place.
The Lions fell 63-60 to Cal Poly on Feb. 23. Anthony Ireland finished with 19 points in the loss. He contributes team-best marks with 20.4 points per game, 3.7 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Broncos, Kevin Foster finished with 20 points and 6 rebounds in the 75-63 win over Portland on Feb. 23. He leads the team in points with 17.9 per game and steals with 2.4 per game.
Comparing team stats, Santa Clara looks to have the edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Broncos have the upper hand over the Lions, 74 points per game to 65 points per game.
Santa Clara StatSmack
- Loyola Marymount has come back to win after being down at half against Santa Clara five times since 1996.
- A for effort, but Loyola Marymount has emerged victorious against Santa Clara the last three times they've played.
- Loyola Marymount has an average margin of victory of 8 over Santa Clara in 29 wins since 1980.
- Loyola Marymount is better under pressure, and has defeated Santa Clara in four out of the last seven games decided by five points or fewer.
- Loyola Marymount has a much better NCSA Athletic Ranking than Santa Clara (No. 130 vs. No. 186).
- Diaper Dandies love Loyola Marymount. Loyola Marymount has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Santa Clara (2 vs. 0).
- Boom! Loyola Marymount defeated Santa Clara by 4 points the last time they played (Jan 10, 2013).
- Loyola Marymount has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Santa Clara ($28,548 vs. $50,730).
- Ashley Hamilton is ranked 7th in the West Coast in rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland is ranked 13th nationally in points, 6th in the West Coast in three-pointers, 7th in the West Coast in assists, and 6th in the West Coast in steals.
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||1||2||0||1|