|Morehead State||M Chavis 10.8||C Posthumus 6.8||D Atkinson 5.2|
|Tennessee State||R Covington 16.7||K Thornton 7.9||P Miller 5.3|
Morehead State heads to Gentry Complex on Thursday to take on Tennessee State. It takes place at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Eagles defeated the Tigers 78-69 on Jan. 26 and are 5-4 against them over the past four years.
Morehead State is in sixth place in the Ohio Valley, Tennessee State is in third place.
In spite of 19 points and 9 rebounds from Chad Posthumus, the Eagles came up short 82-79 against Oakland on Feb. 23. He leads the team in rebounds with 6.8 per game and blocks with 0.9 per game. For the Tigers, Patrick Miller finished with 17 points and 5 rebounds in the 69-67 loss to Loyola (MD) on Feb. 23. He is averaging 14.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 5.3 assists per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Tennessee State is strong in free throw rate at 41.7 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 38th in the nation.
Tennessee State StatSmack
- Devon Atkinson is ranked 37th nationally in assists.
- Over the past 10 years, Morehead State has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tennessee State (two vs. zero).
- Morehead State has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Tennessee State (two vs. zero).
- Morehead State has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (59.5 percent to 46.4 percent).
- That must sting. Morehead State has blown out Tennessee State by 20 points or more on seven occasions since 1999.
- Morehead State has more wins over the last 5 years than Tennessee State (115 vs. 86).
- Chad Posthumus is ranked 9th in the Ohio Valley in rebounds and 8th in the Ohio Valley in blocks.
- Boom! Morehead State defeated Tennessee State by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 26, 2013).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Morehead State currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (962 to 902) than Tennessee State, per the NCAA.
- Angelo Warner is ranked 7th in the Ohio Valley in steals.