Drexel vs. Old Dominion: Full Game Preview
|Drexel||D Lee 16.9||D McCoy 8.3||F Massenat 4.2|
|Old Dominion||D Painter 12.9||D Painter 8.4||K Palmore 3.1|
On Thursday, Drexel visits Constant Convocation Center to take on Old Dominion. The game tips off at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on NBCSN. The Dragons lost to the Monarchs 78-66 on Feb. 7 and are 3-3 against them over the last four years.
Drexel is currently in seventh place in the CAA and Old Dominion is in 11th.
In their last outing, despite 24 points from Frantz Massenat, the Dragons fell to Towson 72-71 on Feb. 23. He is averaging 14.5 points per game and leads the team in assists with 4.2 per game. For the Monarchs, DeShawn Painter finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds in the 70-59 loss to Hofstra on Feb. 24. He leads the team in points with 12.9 per game and rebounds with 8.4 per game. Old Dominion ranks second in their conference in offensive rebounding percentage at 39.1 percent, which also places them 15th in the country.
Old Dominion StatSmack
- The Drexel scoring leader (Frantz Massenat, 406 points) has more points than the Old Dominion scoring leader (DeShawn Painter, 360 points).
- The Drexel three-point leader (Damion Lee, 52 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Old Dominion three-point leader (Dimitri Batten, 45 three-pointers).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Drexel currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (966 to 947) than Old Dominion, per the NCAA.
- The Drexel assist leader (Frantz Massenat, 118 assists) has more assists than the Old Dominion assist leader (Keenan Palmore, 84 assists).
- Frantz Massenat is ranked 10th in the CAA in points and 4th in the CAA in assists.
- Drexel has a better scoring defense (63.3 allowed per game vs. 70.5 allowed per game) than Old Dominion this season.
- Drexel has a stronger schedule than Old Dominion this season (SOS Rank: No. 157 vs. No. 179).
- Daryl McCoy is ranked 7th in the CAA in rebounds.
- Drexel is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Drexel is 206 lbs compared to 199 lbs for Old Dominion.
- It's only wins and losses, but Drexel has a better overall record than Old Dominion this season (11-17 vs. 4-24).