Loyola Marymount vs. Santa Clara: Full Game Preview
|Loyola Marymount||A Ireland 20.4||A Hamilton 6.8||A Ireland 3.7|
|Santa Clara||K Foster 17.9||M Trasolini 7.8||E Roguemore 5.5|
Santa Clara plays host to Loyola Marymount at Leavey Center on Thursday. The game tips off at 11 p.m. EST and you can catch it on CSN-BAY. The Broncos fell to the Lions 84-80 on Jan. 10 and are 5-5 against them over the last four years.
Santa Clara is fourth in the conference and Loyola Marymount is ninth. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The 20 points and 6 rebounds by Kevin Foster helped the Broncos to a 75-63 victory over Portland on Feb. 23. He leads the team with 17.9 points per game and 2.4 steals per game. For the Lions, Anthony Ireland finished with 19 points in the 63-60 loss to Cal Poly on Feb. 23. He leads the team in points with 20.4 per game, assists with 3.7 per game, and steals with 1.6 per game.
In terms of team stats, Santa Clara has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Broncos have an edge over the Lions, 74 points per game to 65 points per game.
Loyola Marymount StatSmack
- Raymond Cowels III is ranked 4th in the West Coast in three-pointers and 5th in the West Coast in steals.
- Santa Clara is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Santa Clara is 77.9 inches compared to 76.0 inches for Loyola Marymount.
- Santa Clara is ranked higher than Loyola Marymount in the West Coast (No. 4 vs. No. 9).
- Santa Clara has a better conference record than Loyola Marymount this season (8-6 vs. 1-13).
- Be afraid. Santa Clara has blown out more teams than Loyola Marymount this season (eight blowouts vs. one).
- Santa Clara has more wins over the last 5 years than Loyola Marymount (94 vs. 66).
- Santa Clara has a better record on the road than Loyola Marymount this season (7-4 vs. 2-11).
- Kevin Foster is ranked 29th nationally in points, 10th nationally in three-pointers, 5th in the West Coast in assists, and 14th nationally in steals.
- Santa Clara has a stronger schedule than Loyola Marymount this season (SOS Rank: No. 123 vs. No. 130).
- Santa Clara has an average margin of victory of 13 over Loyola Marymount in 44 wins since 1980.
- Evan Roguemore is ranked 10th in the West Coast in three-pointers and 26th nationally in assists.
|C+||R. Cowels III||26||10||4||1||2||0||1|