|South Alabama||A Rubit 19.0||A Rubit 10.9||F Goldstein 2.5|
|Western Kentucky||T Price 14.7||G Fant 6.6||J Crook 4.4|
On Thursday, Western Kentucky welcomes South Alabama at E.A. Diddle Arena. It gets started at 8 p.m. EST and you can catch it on HSSN or ESPN3.com. The Hilltoppers fell to the Jaguars 65-57 on Jan. 24 and are 7-3 against them over the last four years.
Western Kentucky is currently in fifth place in the Sun Belt and South Alabama is in second.
The 23 points by T.J. Price helped the Hilltoppers to an 88-77 victory over Louisiana on Feb. 23. He leads the team with 14.7 points per game. In a 69-57 victory over North Texas on Feb. 23, Javier Carter put up 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Jaguars. He averages 6.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.3 blocks per game. The Four Factors in which South Alabama stands out are free throw rate at 45.8 percent and offensive rebounding percentage at 36.6 percent.
South Alabama StatSmack
- T.J. Price is ranked 9th in the Sun Belt in points and 3rd in the Sun Belt in three-pointers.
- Teeng Akol is ranked 7th in the Sun Belt in blocks.
- Western Kentucky has more wins over the last 5 years than South Alabama (122 vs. 108).
- Western Kentucky has an average margin of victory of 9 over South Alabama in 29 wins since 1982.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Western Kentucky currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (944 to 916) than South Alabama, per the NCAA.
- The Western Kentucky assist leader (Jamal Crook, 80 assists) has more assists than the South Alabama assist leader (Dre Conner, 59 assists).
- Western Kentucky has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than South Alabama (four vs. two).
- Over the past 10 years, Western Kentucky has had more players drafted by the NBA than South Alabama (two vs. zero).
- Western Kentucky has a better overall winning percentage over the last 20 years (62.1 percent to 55.7 percent).
- Western Kentucky has a stronger schedule than South Alabama this season (SOS Rank: No. 197 vs. No. 204).
|D||B. Stevens II||20||4||1||1||1||0||1|