|Ohio State||D Thomas 19.9||D Thomas 6.1||A Craft 4.4|
|Northwestern||R Hearn 13.7||J Swopshire 6.7||D Sobolewski 3.9|
On Thursday, No. 18 Ohio State visits Welsh-Ryan Arena to take on Northwestern. The game tips off at 7 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN 2. The Buckeyes defeated the Wildcats 69-59 on Feb. 14 and are 7-1 against them over the past four years.
Ohio State is in fourth place in the conference, Northwestern is in 10th place.
In a 68-60 triumph over Michigan State on Feb. 24, Aaron Craft put up 21 points and 6 assists for the Buckeyes. He paces the team in assists per game with 4.4, and steals per game with 1.9. The Wildcats were defeated by Purdue 74-43 on Feb. 24 despite 7 points from Alex Marcotullio. He is averaging 4.4 points and 2.3 rebounds per game.
In terms of team stats, Ohio State has an advantage in a single key area, scoring, where the Buckeyes have an edge over the Wildcats, 70 points per game to 61 points per game.
- Ohio State has come back to win after being down at half against Northwestern three times since 1998.
- Ohio State has a significantly better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (64.3 percent to 38.7 percent).
- Ohio State has more wins over the last 5 years than Northwestern (160 vs. 97).
- Ohio State is better under pressure, and has defeated Northwestern in seven out of the last eight games decided by five points or fewer.
- Ohio State has more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Northwestern (six vs. zero).
- Ohio State is ranked higher than Northwestern in the Big Ten (No. 4 vs. No. 10).
- Ohio State has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Northwestern (two vs. zero).
- Diaper Dandies love Ohio State. Ohio State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Northwestern (17 vs. 1).
- A for effort, but Ohio State has emerged victorious against Northwestern the last seven times they've played.
- Ohio State is a better shooting team (45.4 percent vs. 40.2 percent) than Northwestern this season.
- Ohio State has a better record at home than Northwestern this season (15-2 vs. 8-9).
|B||L. Smith Jr.||27||10||5||2||0||0||1|
|C||A. Della Valle||8||3||2||0||0||1||1|
|D||J. Montgomery III||4||1||0||0||0||0||0|