(19-9, 2-7 away)
Georgia Tech 78
(15-12, 13-5 home)
Venue: Hank McCamish Pavilion
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||D Wells 15
||A Len 9
||D Wells 4
||R Carter 19
||R Carter 10
||M Udofia 5
Georgia Tech squared off with Maryland on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and beat the Terrapins 78-68 in ACC play. The Yellow Jackets were led by Brandon Reed, who put up 17 points and five rebounds. Daniel Miller also had a great outing, scoring 16 points and adding nine rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). For the Terrapins, Alex Len got 13 points and nine rebounds. Georgia Tech (15-12, 5-10 ACC) gets NC State (20-8, 9-6 ACC) on their home court on Sunday, Mar. 3.
Georgia Tech Game Notes
- GT beat the spread by nine points. That makes the 12th time this season the Yellow Jackets have beaten the spread.
- Georgia Tech has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.0 percent or better.
- The Yellow Jackets have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 26 or more field goals made.
- GT has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- GT has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after holding an opponent to under 21.1 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Georgia Tech has won 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Robert Carter has seven field goals made or more, 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Brandon Reed has five rebounds or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Mfon Udofia has five assists or more.
- The Yellow Jackets set a season high for assists (22).
- The last time GT recorded at least 22 assists was Jan 30, 2010 against Kentucky State.
- The Yellow Jackets have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past four games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--GT has a 9.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Daniel Miller recorded a team season high in free throws made with 12 and free throws attempted with 12.
- The top two scorers (Robert Carter and Brandon Reed) accounted for 46.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Robert Carter and Daniel Miller) accounted for 55.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Robert Carter has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Daniel Miller had career highs with 16 points and 12 free throws made.
- Robert Carter recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Robert Carter recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Brandon Reed had a career high with a 75 percent three-point percentage.
Maryland Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Dezmine Wells and Alex Len) accounted for 41.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Len and Shaquille Cleare) accounted for 46.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Dezmine Wells has led the team in scoring nine times in 28 games this season.
- Alex Len has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 28 games this season.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Alex Len.
- Nick Faust set a career high with a 80 percent field goal percentage.