(13-15, 3-7 away)
(12-15, 8-8 home)
Venue: Memorial Gym (TN)
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||K Caldwell-Pope 20
||K Caldwell-Pope 14
||S Brantley 3
||K Johnson 17
||K Bright 6
||K Johnson 5
Georgia faced off with Vanderbilt on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and suffered a heartbreaking loss against the Commodores 63-62 in conference play. Vanderbilt trailed 34-22 at the half, but turned the tide in the second half to get the comeback victory. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope picked up a double-double in the Bulldogs loss including a game-high 20 points and 14 rebounds. Sherrard Brantley had six points. For the Commodores, Kedren Johnson finished with a team-high 17 points and five assists. Georgia (12-15, 6-8 SEC) gets Tennessee (18-10, 9-6 SEC) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Georgia Game Notes
- Georgia started 13-15 during the 2011, 2009, and 2007 seasons (since 1996).
- UGA beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Georgia is 30-28 in close games.
- Georgia has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- The Bulldogs have lost 79 percent of the time this season (3-11) after having a field goal percentage of 40.8 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records eight or more three-pointers this season, Georgia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-9).
- When the opposition records 63 or more total points this season, Georgia has lost 91 percent of the time (1-10).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Georgia has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- UGA set season lows for steals (one) and turnovers (nine).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past six games.
- Georgia has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the sixth loss of the season where the Bulldogs opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope recorded a team season high in rebounds with 14 and defensive rebounds with 14.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's points.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope accounted for 38.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has led the team in scoring 25 times and in rebounding 13 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Kentavious Caldwell-Pope's career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 28 straight double-digit point games.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope had career highs with 14 rebounds and 14 defensive rebounds.
Vanderbilt Game Notes
- The Commodores won this one, but have lost seven times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Vanderbilt is 21-24 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Kedren Johnson and Sheldon Jeter) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- Kedren Johnson has led the team in scoring 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Kevin Bright has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 27 games this season.