(23-7, 9-5 away)
(16-14, 12-5 home)
Venue: Carver Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 27, 2013
||D McDermott 32
||D McDermott 11
||G Gibbs 8
||W Lemon Jr. 17
||N Wells 3
||W Lemon Jr. 4
Creighton outrebounded Bradley 41-20 and thumped the Braves 80-62 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 27. The game was close at halftime, with Creighton up 32-28, but then it turned into a blowout in the second half. With the win, the Bluejays remain undefeated against Bradley this season at 2-0. Doug McDermott earned a double-double in the win with a game-high 32 points and 11 rebounds. Grant Gibbs had seven points and added eight assists. For the Braves, Walt Lemon Jr. finished with a team-high 17 points and four assists. Creighton (23-7, 12-5 The Valley) gets Wichita State (24-6, 12-5 The Valley) on their home court on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Creighton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:31 left to go.
- Creighton beat the spread by 11 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bluejays have beaten the spread.
- The Bluejays have won every game this season (10-0) after recording 80 or more total points.
- Creighton has won every game this season (13-0) when its field goal percentage has been 51.9 percent or better.
- Creighton has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Creighton has won 93 percent of the time this season (14-1) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- Creighton has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 25.0 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Creighton has won 71 percent of the time (15-6) when Doug McDermott plays 31 minutes or more and 100 percent of the time (9-0) when Austin Chatman has six assists or more.
- Creighton set a season low for blocks (zero).
- The Bluejays have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- Doug McDermott accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Doug McDermott and Will Artino) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Doug McDermott has led the team in scoring 24 times and in rebounding 16 times in 30 games this season.
- This marks the 51st 20-point game of Doug McDermott's career.
- Doug McDermott has six straight double-digit point games.
- Doug McDermott recorded a double-double. It was his ninth this season and 29th of his career.
- Jahenns Manigat had a career high with four steals.
Bradley Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Walt Lemon Jr. and Will Egolf) accounted for 45.1 percent of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (12) than the starters (seven).
- Walt Lemon Jr. has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding four times in 30 games this season.
- Walt Lemon Jr. has 13 straight double-digit point games.
|A||Walt Lemon Jr.||37||17||3||4||1||0||1|