(17-11, 6-6 away)
West Virginia 62
(13-15, 9-5 home)
Venue: WVU Coliseum
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||I Austin 21
||C Jefferson 11
||P Jackson 5
||E Harris 25
||K Noreen 9
||J Staten 3
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, Baylor took on West Virginia and just barely got by the Mountaineers 65-62 in Big 12 action. The Bears remain unbeaten against West Virginia this season at 2-0. The Bears were led by Isaiah Austin, who put up a team-high 21 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Pierre Jackson also had a good outing, scoring 15 points and adding six rebounds. For the Mountaineers, Kevin Noreen finished with 10 points and nine rebounds. Baylor (17-11, 8-7 Big 12) gets 13th-ranked Kansas State (22-5, 11-3 Big 12) at home on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Baylor Game Notes
- The last time Baylor started the season 17-11 was 2008.
- Baylor beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Bears have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Baylor is 28-16 in close games.
- The Bears have won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after recording 15 or more free throws made.
- Baylor has won every game this season (8-0) when opponents record 20 or fewer field goals made.
- Baylor has won every game this season (9-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Baylor has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Pierre Jackson has six free throws made or more and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Cory Jefferson has 11 rebounds or more.
- Baylor set a season low for turnovers (eight).
- This is the fourth win of the season where the Bears came back after being down at halftime.
- Isaiah Austin accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- Cory Jefferson accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Austin has led the team in scoring in three out of 28 games this season.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 28 games this season.
- Pierre Jackson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Isaiah Austin's career.
- Cory Jefferson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for A.J. Walton.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The Mountaineers have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, West Virginia is 27-29 in close games.
- This loss extended the Mountaineers losing streak to three games.
- Eron Harris accounted for 40.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Noreen and Deniz Kilicli) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring seven times in 28 games this season.
- Kevin Noreen has led the team in rebounding seven times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Eron Harris's career.