West Virginia faced off with Baylor on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and suffered a close loss to the Bears 65-62 in conference play. The Mountaineers are now 0-2 against Baylor this season. The Mountaineers got 10 points and nine rebounds from Kevin Noreen. Eron Harris had a season-high 25 points and added three rebounds. Isaiah Austin finished with a team-high 21 points and six rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk) for the Bears. This makes three losses in a row for the Mountaineers. Next up for West Virginia (13-15, 6-9 Big 12) is sixth-ranked Kansas (23-4, 11-3 Big 12) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The Mountaineers have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, West Virginia is 27-29 in close games.
- West Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-9) after recording two or fewer blocks.
- The Mountaineers have lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after having a field goal percentage of 35.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.4 percent or better this season, West Virginia has lost 87 percent of the time (2-13).
- When the opposition records 15 or more free throws made this season, West Virginia has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- The Mountaineers have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- West Virginia has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the fourth loss of the season where the Mountaineers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--WVU has a 2.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Eron Harris accounted for 40.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kevin Noreen and Deniz Kilicli) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Eron Harris has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Kevin Noreen has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Eron Harris's career.
Baylor Game Notes
- The Bears won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Baylor is 28-16 in close games.
- Isaiah Austin accounted for 32.3 percent of the team's points.
- Cory Jefferson accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Isaiah Austin has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- Cory Jefferson has led the team in rebounding nine times in 28 games this season.
- Pierre Jackson has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Isaiah Austin's career.
- Cory Jefferson recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for A.J. Walton.