Saint Joseph's 53
(15-11, 5-7 away)
(18) Saint Louis 70
(22-5, 17-2 home)
Venue: Chaifetz Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||R Roberts Jr. 25
||R Roberts Jr. 7
||H Kanacevic 4
||D Evans 21
||D Evans 12
||M McCall Jr 5
No. 18 Saint Louis squared off with St. Joseph's (PA) on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and easily beat the Hawks 70-53 in A-10 play. Saint Louis enjoyed a small 29-27 lead at halftime, but turned it on in the second half to blow St. Joseph's (PA) out. Dwayne Evans earned a double-double in the win including a team-high 21 points and 12 rebounds (3 Blk 3 Stl). Mike McCall Jr also had a good outing, scoring 10 points and adding five assists. For the Hawks, Ronald Roberts Jr. got a season-high 25 points and seven rebounds. Saint Louis (22-5, 11-2 A-10) travels to George Washington (12-14, 6-7 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Saint Louis Game Notes
- The last time SLU started the season 22-5 was 2011.
- The win over St. Joseph's (PA) extended the Saint Louis winning streak to 10 games.
- SLU beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Billikens have beaten the spread.
- Saint Louis has won every game this season (11-0) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- The Billikens have won 92 percent of the time this season (12-1) after recording 70 or more total points.
- Saint Louis has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) when its three-point percentage has been 35.7 percent or better.
- SLU has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- SLU has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.6 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Saint Louis has won 87 percent of the time (13-2) when Mike McCall Jr has 10 points or more, 73 percent of the time (11-4) when Dwayne Evans plays 30 minutes or more, and 86 percent of the time (6-1) when Kwamain Mitchell has four assists or more.
- Saint Louis has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 18th game at home this season--SLU has a 14.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Dwayne Evans and Rob Loe) accounted for 45.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dwayne Evans and Rob Loe) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Dwayne Evans has led the team in scoring eight times and in rebounding 18 times in 27 games this season.
- Mike McCall Jr has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Dwayne Evans's career.
- Dwayne Evans has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwayne Evans recorded a double-double. It was his third this season and 15th of his career.
St. Joseph's (PA) Game Notes
- Ronald Roberts Jr. accounted for 47.1 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ronald Roberts Jr. and Halil Kanacevic) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Ronald Roberts Jr. has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding 16 times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Ronald Roberts Jr.'s career.
- Langston Galloway has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Halil Kanacevic.
|A+||R. Roberts Jr.||40||25||7||2||1||1||1|
|A||Mike McCall Jr||33||10||4||5||0||0||0|