On Wednesday, Feb. 27, Arkansas took on LSU and lost at home against the Tigers 65-60 in conference play. The Razorbacks were paced by Mardracus Wade, who got 15 points and three rebounds. Marshawn Powell had a team-high 17 points and added eight rebounds. Charles Carmouche got a career-high 26 points and five rebounds for the Tigers. Arkansas (17-11, 8-7 SEC) gets Kentucky (20-8, 11-4 SEC) at home on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Arkansas Game Notes
- The last time Arkansas started the season 17-11 was 2011.
- The Razorbacks have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas is 24-21 in close games.
- The Razorbacks have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.7 percent or worse.
- Arkansas has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording eight or fewer assists.
- The Razorbacks set a season high for turnovers (19).
- Arkansas has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past six games.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Marshawn Powell and Mardracus Wade) accounted for 53.3 percent of the points.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 12 times in 28 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Coty Clarke.
LSU Game Notes
- The Tigers won this one, but have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU is 27-24 in close games.
- Charles Carmouche accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's points.
- Charles Carmouche has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 26 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Charles Carmouche's career.
- Charles Carmouche set career highs with 26 points and nine field goals made.