(17-11, 1-8 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||M Powell 17
||M Powell 8
||M Wade 2
||C Carmouche 26
||J O`Bryant III 8
||A Hickey 5
LSU squared off with Arkansas on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and defeated the Razorbacks 65-60 in SEC action. The Tigers were led by Charles Carmouche, who put up a career-high 26 points and five rebounds. Anthony Hickey had 10 points and added five assists. For the Razorbacks, Mardracus Wade finished with 15 points and three rebounds. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when LSU (17-9, 8-7 SEC) goes to Missouri (19-8, 8-6 SEC).
LSU Game Notes
- The last time LSU started the season 17-9 was 2002.
- LSU beat the spread by four points. That makes the 11th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- The Tigers have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, LSU is 27-24 in close games.
- LSU has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) when its three-point percentage has been 38.9 percent or better.
- The Tigers have won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after recording 10 or more steals.
- LSU has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- LSU has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 35.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season LSU has won 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Shavon Coleman has four free throws made or more, 75 percent of the time (12-4) when Johnny O`Bryant III has eight rebounds or more, and 100 percent of the time (9-0) when Anthony Hickey has five assists or more.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--LSU has a 7.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Charles Carmouche accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's points.
- Charles Carmouche has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
- Johnny O`Bryant III has led the team in rebounding in 14 out of 26 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Charles Carmouche's career.
- Charles Carmouche had career highs with 26 points and nine field goals made.
Arkansas Game Notes
- The Razorbacks have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arkansas is 24-21 in close games.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a team season high in free throws attempted with 13.
- The top two scorers (Marshawn Powell and Mardracus Wade) accounted for 53.3 percent of the points.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 12 times in 28 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Coty Clarke.
|B||J. O`Bryant III||21||5||8||2||0||1||3|
|B-||A. Del Piero||17||2||3||0||2||2||0|