Mississippi State 55
(7-20, 1-12 away)
(20-8, 16-2 home)
Venue: Rupp Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||F Thomas 13
||F Thomas 6
||J Steele 2
||R Harrow 19
||A Poythress 8
||J Mays 4
Mississippi State was punished by Kentucky 85-55 in conference play on a night when they were outshot by the Wildcats 54.8 percent-32.1 percent. This one was over at the half, with Kentucky up 42-19. Fred Thomas put up a team-high 13 points and six rebounds in the Bulldogs loss. Jalen Steele had 10 points and added five rebounds. Ryan Harrow finished with a game-high 19 points and seven rebounds for the Wildcats. The Bulldogs are on an eight-game losing streak. The next game will be on Saturday, Mar. 2 when Mississippi State (7-20, 2-13 SEC) welcomes Ole Miss (21-7, 10-5 SEC).
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 13:13 left to go.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 32.1 percent or worse.
- Mississippi State has lost 93 percent of the time this season (1-13) after recording six or fewer steals.
- Mississippi State has lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after committing 14 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 85 or more total points this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 34 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.9 percent or better this season, Mississippi State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-10).
- Mississippi State has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past eight games.
- The top two scorers (Fred Thomas and Colin Borchert) accounted for 41.8 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Ware and Fred Thomas) accounted for 41.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Fred Thomas has led the team in scoring in seven out of 27 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 27 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Tyson Cunningham.
Kentucky Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Ryan Harrow and Alex Poythress) accounted for 41.1 percent of the points.
- Ryan Harrow has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- Alex Poythress has led the team in rebounding five times in 28 games this season.
- Ryan Harrow has three straight double-digit point games.
- Archie Goodwin has three straight double-digit point games.