Arizona State 74
(20-9, 5-4 away)
(21-7, 14-4 home)
Venue: Pauley Pavilion
11:30PM ET / 8:30PM PT, February 27, 2013
||J Carson 22
||C Felix 18
||J Carson 7
||J Adams 22
||K Anderson 15
||L Drew II 13
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, Arizona State was beaten at home by UCLA 79-74 in overtime. With the loss, the Sun Devils even the season series against UCLA at 1-1. Carrick Felix got 16 points and 18 rebounds for the Sun Devils, earning a double-double. Jahii Carson had a game-high 22 points and added seven assists (5 Reb 3 Stl). Kyle Anderson registered a double-double for the Bruins on a season-high 21 points and 15 rebounds (4 Blk 3 Ast). Arizona State (20-9, 9-7 Pac 12) travels to USC (13-15, 8-7 Pac 12) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Arizona State Game Notes
- The last time ASU started the season 20-9 was 2009.
- ASU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 16th time this season the Sun Devils have beaten the spread.
- Arizona State has played in four overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Sun Devils have played in 13 overtime games with a record of 9-4.
- The Sun Devils have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Arizona State is 29-23 in close games.
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Arizona State has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- This is the first loss of the season where the Sun Devils opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Carrick Felix recorded a team season high in rebounds with 18.
- Jahii Carson tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 23.
- Jonathan Gilling tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 14.
- The top two scorers (Jahii Carson and Jonathan Gilling) accounted for 54.0 percent of the points.
- Carrick Felix accounted for 39.1 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jahii Carson has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 29 games this season.
- Carrick Felix has led the team in rebounding in 13 out of 29 games this season.
- Jonathan Gilling had a career high with six three-pointers.
- This marks the 13th 20-point game of Jahii Carson's career.
- Jahii Carson has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- Carrick Felix recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Carrick Felix recorded a double-double. It was the 12th of his career.
- Carrick Felix had career highs with 18 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
UCLA Game Notes
- The Bruins won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, UCLA is 35-21 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Jordan Adams and Kyle Anderson) accounted for 54.4 percent of the points.
- Kyle Anderson accounted for 34.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jordan Adams has led the team in scoring 11 times in 28 games this season.
- Kyle Anderson has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 28 games this season.
- This game was the seventh double-digit assist game of Larry Drew II's career.
- Larry Drew II set a career high with 13 assists.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of Shabazz Muhammad's career.
- Shabazz Muhammad has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Kyle Anderson's career.
- Kyle Anderson has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kyle Anderson recorded a double-double. It was the eighth of his career.
- This marks the 10th 20-point game of Jordan Adams's career.
- Jordan Adams has three straight 20+ point games.
|B+||Larry Drew II||41||5||3||13||3||0||7|