On a night when they had only seven turnovers, Lehigh thumped Navy 72-43 in Patriot action. The game was never in question, with Lehigh taking an insurmountable 36-19 lead into the locker room at halftime. With a record of 2-0, the Mountain Hawks stay unbeaten against Navy this season. The Mountain Hawks got a game-high 17 points from B.J. Bailey, with 15 points coming from three-point range. Holden Greiner had 11 points and added three rebounds. For the Midshipmen, Worth Smith finished with a team-high 11 points. Lehigh (19-8, 9-4 Patriot) hosts Army (15-13, 8-5 Patriot) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Lehigh Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:19 left to go.
- This was the sixth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Lehigh has been on the winning end of 19 blowout games.
- The Mountain Hawks have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 20 or more assists.
- Lehigh has won 91 percent of the time this season (10-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.0 percent field goal percentage.
- Lehigh has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Lehigh has won 75 percent of the time (15-5) when Holden Greiner has 11 points or more, 78 percent of the time (14-4) when Gabe Knutson has four field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (5-0) when Stefan Cvrkalj has three three-pointers or more.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Lehigh has a 14.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (B.J. Bailey and Stefan Cvrkalj) accounted for 40.2 percent of the points.
- B.J. Bailey has led the team in scoring in three out of 27 games this season.
- Anthony D`Orazio has led the team in rebounding in three out of 27 games this season.
- Holden Greiner has four straight double-digit point games.
- B.J. Bailey had a career high with five three-pointers.
- Gabe Knutson had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
Navy Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Navy has been on the losing end of 14 blowout games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (11) than the starters (10).
- Worth Smith has led the team in scoring 11 times in 29 games this season.
- Will Kelly has led the team in rebounding five times in 29 games this season.