Radford squared off with High Point on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and got a win on the road against the Panthers 63-58 in Big South play. The Highlanders remain undefeated against High Point this season at 2-0. The Highlanders were led by Rashun Davis, who put up a game-high 17 points and six rebounds. Javonte Green also had a solid outing, scoring 10 points and adding nine rebounds. For the Panthers, Allan Chaney got a team-high 15 points and eight rebounds. Radford (13-17, 7-8 Big South) welcomes Liberty (10-20, 5-10 Big South) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Radford Game Notes
- The Highlanders have won six close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Radford is 25-28 in close games.
- The Highlanders have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 20 or more free throws made.
- Radford has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 58 or fewer total points.
- Radford has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 27.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Radford has won 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Rashun Davis has four free throws made or more.
- The Highlanders set a season high for blocks (eight).
- The last time Radford recorded at least eight blocks was Feb 07, 2010 against High Point.
- The top two scorers (Rashun Davis and Kion Brown) accounted for 49.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Javonte Green and Rashun Davis) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Javonte Green has led the team in rebounding in 21 out of 30 games this season.
- R.J. Price has seven straight double-digit point games.
High Point Game Notes
- The Panthers have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, High Point is 25-31 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Allan Chaney and Adam Weary) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Corey Law and Allan Chaney) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (16).
- Allan Chaney has led the team in scoring 10 times in 28 games this season.
- Corey Law has led the team in rebounding four times in 28 games this season.
- Allan Chaney set a career high with four blocks.