(12-16, 2-12 away)
Coastal Carolina 73
(14-13, 12-3 home)
Venue: Kimbel Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||J Jerome 16
||G Gamble 5
||A Smith 4
||A Raffa 18
||W Gillis 10
||K Greenwood 5
Winthrop faced off with Coastal Carolina on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and was smoked by the Chanticleers 73-54 in conference play. By halftime, Winthrop was already out of it, with the score 41-24. The team struggled in the second half as well and Coastal Carolina maintained the big win. With the loss, the Eagles tie the season series against Coastal Carolina at 1-1. The Eagles were paced by Gideon Gamble, who put up 15 points and five rebounds. Joab Jerome had 16 points and added three rebounds. Warren Gillis recorded a double-double for the Chanticleers on 16 points and 10 rebounds. Winthrop (12-16, 5-10 Big South) welcomes North Carolina-Asheville (16-14, 10-5 Big South) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Winthrop Game Notes
- Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after recording 26 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 73 or more total points this season, Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Winthrop has lost 100 percent of the time (0-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 43.9 percent or better this season, Winthrop has lost 92 percent of the time (1-12).
- The Eagles set a season high for blocks (four).
- The top two scorers (Joab Jerome and Gideon Gamble) accounted for 57.4 percent of the points.
- Joab Jerome has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Gideon Gamble has led the team in rebounding in three out of 28 games this season.
- Joab Jerome has six straight double-digit point games.
Coastal Carolina Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Anthony Raffa and Warren Gillis) accounted for 46.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Warren Gillis and El Hadji Ndieguene) accounted for 42.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Raffa has led the team in scoring 18 times in 27 games this season.
- Anthony Raffa has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- Warren Gillis recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Warren Gillis recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Warren Gillis set career highs with 10 rebounds and seven defensive rebounds.