San Diego State 60
(20-8, 6-6 away)
(14) New Mexico 70
(24-4, 16-1 home)
Venue: The Pit
10:15PM ET / 7:15PM PT, February 27, 2013
|San Diego State
|San Diego State
||J Franklin 16
||J Franklin 9
||W Shepard 3
||A Kirk 25
||A Kirk 7
||K Williams 8
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, San Diego State lost on their home court to No. 14 New Mexico 70-60 in conference play. With the loss, the Aztecs are now 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Aztecs got a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds from Jamaal Franklin. DeShawn Stephens had eight points and added seven rebounds. For the Lobos, Alex Kirk finished with a season-high 25 points and seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Next up for San Diego State (20-8, 8-6 MWC) is Air Force (15-10, 7-6 MWC) on Wednesday, Mar. 6 at home.
San Diego State Game Notes
- San Diego State started 20-8 during the 2009, 2008, 2006, and 2005 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, SDSU played 24 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 10-14.
- The Aztecs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a three-point percentage of 17.4 percent or worse.
- San Diego State has lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after recording seven or fewer assists.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 47.7 percent or better this season, San Diego State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- The Aztecs have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past five games.
- The top two rebounders (Jamaal Franklin and J.J. O`Brien) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 19 times in 28 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin has five straight double-digit point games.
New Mexico Game Notes
- Alex Kirk accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Kirk and Hugh Greenwood) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- Tony Snell has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Alex Kirk's career.
- Alex Kirk set career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Cameron Bairstow.
- Hugh Greenwood set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.