San Diego State 60
(20-8, 6-6 away)
(14) New Mexico 70
(24-4, 16-1 home)
Venue: The Pit
10:15PM ET / 7:15PM PT, February 27, 2013
|San Diego State
|San Diego State
||J Franklin 16
||J Franklin 9
||W Shepard 3
||A Kirk 25
||A Kirk 7
||K Williams 8
No. 14 New Mexico squared off with San Diego State on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and defeated the Aztecs 70-60 in MWC play. The season series between the two teams is now tied at 1-1. Alex Kirk put on a show for the Lobos and got a season-high 25 points and seven rebounds (3 Ast 3 Blk). Kendall Williams also had a strong game, scoring eight points and adding eight assists. Jamaal Franklin finished with a team-high 16 points and nine rebounds for the Aztecs. Next up for New Mexico (24-4, 11-2 MWC) is Wyoming (18-10, 4-10 MWC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on their home court.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The win over San Diego State extended the New Mexico winning streak to four games.
- Lobos beat the spread by 4.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Lobos have beaten the spread.
- The Lobos have won every game this season (13-0) after recording 70 or more total points.
- New Mexico has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 47.7 percent or better.
- New Mexico has won 86 percent of the time this season (6-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- Lobos has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 36.2 percent field goal percentage.
- Lobos has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when opponents record 21 or fewer field goals made.
- This season New Mexico has won 94 percent of the time (16-1) when Tony Snell has 10 points or more, 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Hugh Greenwood plays 30 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Cameron Bairstow has five field goals made or more.
- Lobos set a season low for steals (one).
- The Lobos have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Lobos has a 11.8 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Alex Kirk accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Kirk and Hugh Greenwood) accounted for 43.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 17 times in 28 games this season.
- Tony Snell has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Alex Kirk's career.
- Alex Kirk had career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Cameron Bairstow.
- Hugh Greenwood had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
San Diego State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Jamaal Franklin and J.J. O`Brien) accounted for 47.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 17 times and in rebounding 19 times in 28 games this season.
- Jamaal Franklin has five straight double-digit point games.