(18-9, 5-7 away)
(13-15, 12-5 home)
Venue: Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||R Osby 31
||C Clark 6
||S Grooms 6
||M Kabongo 31
||S McClellan 8
||M Kabongo 6
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, Oklahoma took on Texas and was beaten at home by the Longhorns 92-86 in overtime. Oklahoma was up 43-28 at the half, but blew the lead in the second half as Texas came back to win it. The Sooners even the season series against Texas at 1-1 with the loss. The Sooners got a career-high 31 points and five rebounds from Romero Osby. Amath M`Baye also had a solid game, scoring 16 points and adding four rebounds. For the Longhorns, Myck Kabongo got a career-high 31 points and eight rebounds (6 Ast 4 Stl). Oklahoma (18-9, 9-6 Big 12) takes on Iowa State (19-8, 9-5 Big 12) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on their home court.
Oklahoma Game Notes
- Oklahoma started 18-9 during the 2007, 2003, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Oklahoma has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Sooners have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 7-3.
- The Sooners have been unlucky five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Oklahoma is 29-16 in close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Oklahoma has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 14 or more assists this season, Oklahoma has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- The Sooners set a season high for three-pointers (nine).
- The Sooners have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- Oklahoma has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the third loss of the season where the Sooners opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Romero Osby recorded a team season high in points with 31.
- Romero Osby accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's points.
- Romero Osby has led the team in scoring in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- Steven Pledger has four straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Romero Osby's career.
- Romero Osby has six straight double-digit point games.
- Romero Osby had career highs with 31 points and 13 free throws made.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Je`lon Hornbeak.
Texas Game Notes
- The Longhorns won this one, but have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas is 23-30 in close games.
- Myck Kabongo recorded a team season high in points with 31.
- Myck Kabongo accounted for 33.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Myck Kabongo and Sheldon McClellan) accounted for 47.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Myck Kabongo has led the team in scoring three times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Myck Kabongo's career.
- Myck Kabongo has five straight double-digit point games.
- Myck Kabongo set career highs with 31 points, nine field goals made, eight defensive rebounds, and four steals.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Ioannis Papapetrou.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jaylen Bond.