Texas A&M 73
(16-12, 4-7 away)
(21-7, 15-1 home)
Venue: Tad Smith Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||E Turner 25
||K Roberson 10
||A Caruso 8
||M Henderson 18
||M Holloway 9
||J Summers 4
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, Ole Miss took on Texas A&M and knocked off the Aggies 82-73 in conference action. The Rebels tie the season series against Texas A&M at 1-1 with the win. Murphy Holloway had an impressive game for the Rebels and put up 16 points and nine rebounds. Jarvis Summers had 15 points and added four assists. Kourtney Roberson recorded a double-double for the Aggies with 12 points and 10 rebounds. Ole Miss (21-7, 10-5 SEC) gets Mississippi State (7-19, 2-12 SEC) on the road on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Ole Miss Game Notes
- Ole Miss beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Rebels have beaten the spread.
- Ole Miss has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9 percent or better.
- The Rebels have won every game this season (8-0) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Ole Miss has won 80 percent of the time this season (12-3) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Ole Miss has won 80 percent of the time this season (4-1) when opponents record 31 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Ole Miss has won 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Marshall Henderson has 18 points or more, 78 percent of the time (7-2) when Murphy Holloway plays 35 minutes or more, and 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Reginald Buckner has five field goals made or more.
- The Rebels set a season high for assists (19).
- The Rebels have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past seven games.
- This is the 16th game at home this season--Ole Miss has a 19.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Marshall Henderson and Murphy Holloway) accounted for 41.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Murphy Holloway and Reginald Buckner) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Marshall Henderson has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 28 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway has led the team in rebounding in 19 out of 28 games this season.
- Murphy Holloway has five straight double-digit point games.
- Marshall Henderson has 24 straight double-digit point games.
Texas A&M Game Notes
- Elston Turner accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- Kourtney Roberson accounted for 32.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Elston Turner has led the team in scoring 17 times in 28 games this season.
- Kourtney Roberson has led the team in rebounding 14 times in 28 games this season.
- This marks the 16th 20-point game of Elston Turner's career.
- Elston Turner has three straight 20+ point games.
- Kourtney Roberson recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kourtney Roberson recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.