SIU Edwardsville 43
(9-17, 1-12 away)
(23-6, 12-1 home)
Venue: Curb Event Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||K Davis 19
||M Yelovich 5
||R Lester 2
||B Jenkins 17
||B Jenkins 11
||K Johnson 4
Belmont squared off with SIU Edwardsville on Wednesday, Feb. 27 and blew out the Cougars 73-43 in conference action. Blake Jenkins earned a double-double in the win including a team-high 17 points and 11 rebounds. J.J. Mann scored 11 points and added six rebounds. Kris Davis finished with a game-high 19 points and three rebounds for the Cougars. This makes three wins in a row for the Bruins. Belmont (23-6, 13-2 OVC) takes on Jacksonville State (17-10, 8-7 OVC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Belmont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:27 left to go.
- The win over SIU Edwardsville extended the Belmont winning streak to three games.
- Belmont beat the spread by 5.5 points. That makes the 14th time this season the Bruins have beaten the spread.
- This was the 10th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Belmont has been on the winning end of 51 blowout games.
- The Bruins have won every game this season (10-0) after recording four or more blocks.
- Belmont has won 87 percent of the time this season (13-2) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9 percent or better.
- Belmont has won every game this season (8-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- Belmont has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record 24 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Belmont has won 83 percent of the time (19-4) when Ian Clark has 14 points or more, 79 percent of the time (11-3) when Trevor Noack has five field goals made or more, and 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Blake Jenkins has four free throws made or more.
- The Bruins have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- Belmont has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Belmont has a 24.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Blake Jenkins and Ian Clark) accounted for 42.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Blake Jenkins and J.J. Mann) accounted for 43.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Blake Jenkins has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 7 times in 29 games this season.
- J.J. Mann has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Blake Jenkins recorded the third double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Blake Jenkins recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and third of his career.
- Trevor Noack has four straight double-digit point games.
- Trevor Noack had a career high with three three-pointers.
SIU Edwardsville Game Notes
- This was the second blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SIUE has been on the losing end of 39 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Cougars losing streak to four games.
- Kris Davis accounted for 44.1 percent of the team's points.
- Kris Davis has led the team in scoring five times in 26 games this season.
- Mark Yelovich has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Kris Davis has eight straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Michael Messer.
- Tim Johnson has four straight double-digit point games.
- Tim Johnson set career highs with three three-pointers and a 100 percent three-point percentage.