(23-4, 9-4 away)
(20-8, 15-2 home)
Venue: Convocation Center (OH)
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||D Treadwell 21
||D Treadwell 8
||A Abreu 9
||D Cooper 26
||W Offutt 10
||D Cooper 4
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, Ohio took on Akron and was beaten at home by the Zips 88-81 in overtime. This one looked like a win for Ohio, as they led 41-30 at the half, but Akron turned things around in the second half and secured the victory. With the loss, the Bobcats stay winless against Akron this season at 0-2. The Bobcats were led by D.J Cooper, who put up a season-high 26 points (5 Reb 4 Ast), with 15 coming from three-point range. Walter Offutt got a double-double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. Demetrius Treadwell got a career-high 21 points and eight rebounds for the Zips. Next up for Ohio (20-8, 11-2 MAC) is Bowling Green (12-16, 6-7 MAC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Ohio Game Notes
- Ohio has played in two overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bobcats have played in 16 overtime games with a record of 8-8.
- The Bobcats have been unlucky two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Ohio is 32-32 in close games.
- The Bobcats have lost 86 percent of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 41.5 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Ohio has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records nine or more three-pointers this season, Ohio has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.9 percent or better this season, Ohio has lost 80 percent of the time (1-4).
- The Bobcats have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Bobcats opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--Ohio has a 17.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- D.J Cooper recorded a team season high in points with 26, field goals attempted with 19, and three pointers attempted with 10.
- D.J Cooper accounted for 32.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Walter Offutt and Jon Smith) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- D.J Cooper has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 28 games this season.
- Walter Offutt has led the team in rebounding in six out of 28 games this season.
- Walter Offutt recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Walter Offutt recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Walter Offutt had career highs with 10 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of D.J Cooper's career.
- Reggie Keely has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jon Smith had a career high with four blocks.
- This was the second foul out of the season for T.J. Hall.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Ivo Baltic.
Akron Game Notes
- The Zips won this one, but have lost two times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Akron is 38-29 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Demetrius Treadwell and Jake Kretzer) accounted for 45.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nick Harney and Demetrius Treadwell) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Demetrius Treadwell has led the team in scoring four times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Demetrius Treadwell's career.
- Demetrius Treadwell set a career high with 21 points.
- Brian Walsh set a career high with five assists.
- Alex Abreu has three straight double-digit point games.
- Zeke Marshall has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Zeke Marshall.
- Nick Harney set a career high with eight defensive rebounds.