(14-14, 4-10 away)
(18-10, 14-3 home)
Venue: Fogelman Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||R Rucker 26
||J Swing 10
||J Swing 9
||R Tarrant 25
||J Davis 13
||R Tarrant 6
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, UAB outshot Tulane 58.5 percent-33.8 percent and got a victory on the road against the Green Wave 76-71 in conference play. The Blazers got a double-double out of Jordan Swing with 23 points and 10 rebounds. Jordan Swing also put up 15 points from three-point range. Rod Rucker had a season-high 26 points and added six rebounds. Ricky Tarrant put up his third straight game with 25 points or more for the Green Wave, scoring a team-high 25 points (6 Ast 3 Reb) in 36 minutes. Ricky Tarrant got a team-high 25 points and six assists for the Green Wave. This makes three wins in a row for the Blazers. UAB (14-14, 6-7 C-USA) gets Southern Methodist (14-14, 4-9 C-USA) at home on Saturday, Mar. 2.
UAB Game Notes
- The last time UAB started the season 14-14 was 2011.
- The win over Tulane extended the UAB winning streak to three games.
- UAB beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Blazers have beaten the spread.
- The Blazers have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, UAB is 37-24 in close games.
- The Blazers have won 75 percent of the time this season (9-3) after recording 76 or more total points.
- UAB has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.8 percent field goal percentage.
- UAB has won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- The Blazers set a season high for field goal percentage (58.5).
- The last time UAB had a field goal percentage of 58.5 percent or higher was Feb 08, 2012 against Southern Miss.
- The Blazers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past five games.
- UAB has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- Rod Rucker recorded a team season high in points with 26 and field goals made with 13.
- Jordan Swing tallied a team season high in assists with nine.
- Rod Rucker accounted for 34.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Swing and Robert Williams) accounted for 43.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Rod Rucker has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 28 games this season.
- Jordan Swing has led the team in rebounding in six out of 28 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Jordan Swing's career.
- Jordan Swing has three straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Swing recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Jordan Swing had career highs with nine field goals made, five three-pointers, 10 defensive rebounds, and nine assists.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Rod Rucker's career.
Tulane Game Notes
- The Green Wave have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Tulane is 25-29 in close games.
- Ricky Tarrant accounted for 35.2 percent of the team's points.
- Josh Davis accounted for 44.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ricky Tarrant has led the team in scoring 13 times in 28 games this season.
- Josh Davis has led the team in rebounding 25 times in 28 games this season.
- Josh Davis recorded the 32nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Ricky Tarrant's career.
- Ricky Tarrant has three straight 20+ point games.