Dayton shot 61.7 percent from the floor and won big over Charlotte 88-67 in A-10 play on Wednesday, Feb. 27. Dayton went into the locker room trailing 34-29, but the tide turned in the second half and they were too much for Charlotte to handle. Devin Oliver picked up a double-double in the win including a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds. Vee Sanford also had a strong showing, scoring 13 points. For the 49ers, Terrence Williams finished with 15 points and six rebounds. Dayton (15-12, 5-8 A-10) takes on Richmond (15-11, 5-6 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on their home court.
Dayton Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:14 left to go.
- UD beat the spread by 22 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Flyers have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, UD has been on the winning end of 23 blowout games.
- The Flyers have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 29 or more field goals made.
- UD has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record one or fewer blocks.
- This season Dayton has won 83 percent of the time (5-1) when Kevin Dillard has seven free throws made or more.
- UD set a season low for blocks (zero).
- This is the third win of the season where the Flyers came back after being down at halftime.
- Devin Oliver accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Oliver has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 15 times in 27 games this season.
- Devin Oliver recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devin Oliver recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Josh Benson has three straight double-digit point games.
Charlotte Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Charlotte has been on the losing end of 15 blowout games.
- This loss extended the 49ers losing streak to three games.
- The top two scorers (Darion Clark and Terrence Williams) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Darion Clark and Terrence Williams) accounted for 51.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Darion Clark has led the team in rebounding seven times in 27 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Darion Clark.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Terrence Williams.