Charlotte allowed Dayton to shoot 61.7 percent from the field and lost in a blowout to the Flyers 88-67 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 27. Charlotte went in to halftime with a 34-29 lead, but then Dayton came out strong in the second half and pulled away at the end. The 49ers were paced by Terrence Williams, who put up 15 points and six rebounds. Darion Clark also put in a solid contribution, scoring a season-high 17 points and adding eight rebounds. Devin Oliver recorded a double-double for the Flyers on a team-high 16 points and 11 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the 49ers. Next up for Charlotte (18-8, 6-6 A-10) is St. Bonaventure (13-12, 6-6 A-10) on Saturday, Mar. 2 on the road.
Charlotte Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:14 left to go.
- The last time Charlotte started the season 18-9 was 1997.
- When the opposition records 24 or more free throws made this season, Charlotte has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 16 or more assists this season, Charlotte has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 40.0 percent or better this season, Charlotte has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- Charlotte set a season low for rebounds (27).
- Charlotte has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the 49ers opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--Charlotte has a 4.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Darion Clark and Terrence Williams) accounted for 47.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Darion Clark and Terrence Williams) accounted for 51.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Darion Clark has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 27 games this season.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Darion Clark.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Terrence Williams.
Dayton Game Notes
- Devin Oliver accounted for 35.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Devin Oliver has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 15 times in 27 games this season.
- Devin Oliver recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Devin Oliver recorded a double-double. It was the sixth of his career.
- Josh Benson has three straight double-digit point games.