Northern Iowa 57
(17-13, 5-9 away)
Southern Illinois 63
(13-16, 9-5 home)
Venue: SIU Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||M Sonnen 18
||S Tuttle 9
||D Mitchell 8
||D Jackson 18
||J Early 8
||J Pendleton 3
Northern Iowa lost at home against Southern Illinois 63-57 in conference play on an evening when they turned the ball over 16 times. With the loss, the Panthers even the season series against Southern Illinois at 1-1. Marc Sonnen got a game-high 18 points and five rebounds in a losing effort. Seth Tuttle also had a solid outing, scoring eight points and adding nine rebounds. For the Salukis, Jeff Early got 14 points and eight rebounds. Northern Iowa (17-13, 10-7 The Valley) hosts Illinois State (16-13, 7-9 The Valley) on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Northern Iowa Game Notes
- The last time UNI started the season 17-13 was 2007.
- The Panthers have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after having a three-point percentage of 25.0 percent or worse.
- Northern Iowa has lost 80 percent of the time this season (2-8) after recording nine or fewer free throws made.
- Northern Iowa has lost 80 percent of the time this season (1-4) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- Marc Sonnen accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- Marc Sonnen has led the team in scoring in nine out of 30 games this season.
- Seth Tuttle has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 30 games this season.
- Deon Mitchell had a career high with eight assists.
Southern Illinois Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Desmar Jackson and Jeff Early) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jeff Early and Desmar Jackson) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Desmar Jackson has led the team in scoring 12 times in 29 games this season.
- Jeff Early has led the team in rebounding 16 times in 29 games this season.
- Jeff Early has five straight double-digit point games.
|B||A. Beane Jr.||25||9||5||1||0||0||0|