Boise State easily got past Nevada 73-47 in conference action on an evening when the Wolf Pack shot just 26.3 percent from the floor. The game lacked drama, as Boise State led 35-20 at the half and never allowed Nevada back in it. With the win, the Broncos tie the season series against Nevada at 1-1. Anthony Drmic picked up his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Broncos, scoring a game-high 26 points on 55.6 percent shooting in 34 minutes. Derrick Marks had six points and added eight assists (7 Reb 4 Stl). For the Wolf Pack, Deonte Burton got a team-high 13 points and two rebounds. This makes three wins in a row for the Broncos. Boise State (19-8, 7-6 MWC) takes on Colorado State (21-6, 8-4 MWC) on Saturday, Mar. 2 at home.
Boise State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:27 left to go.
- The last time BSU started the season 19-8 was 2003.
- The win over Nevada extended the Boise State winning streak to three games.
- BSU beat the spread by 17.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Broncos have beaten the spread.
- This was the fourth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, BSU has been on the winning end of 26 blowout games.
- The Broncos have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 28 or more field goals made.
- Boise State has won every game this season (10-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.1 percent or better.
- BSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record four or fewer three-pointers.
- BSU has won 83 percent of the time this season (10-2) after holding an opponent to under 30.8 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Boise State has won 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Igor Hadziomerovic plays 30 minutes or more, 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Anthony Drmic has four free throws made or more, and 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Jeff Elorriaga has three three-pointers or more.
- The Broncos have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past five games.
- This is the 13th game at home this season--BSU has a 18.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Anthony Drmic accounted for 35.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Watkins and Derrick Marks) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Anthony Drmic has led the team in scoring in 13 out of 27 games this season.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 27 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Anthony Drmic's career.
- Anthony Drmic has three straight 20+ point games.
Nevada Game Notes
- This was the third blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Nevada has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Wolf Pack losing streak to four games.
- The top two scorers (Deonte Burton and Malik Story) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- Deonte Burton has led the team in scoring 16 times in 27 games this season.
- Kevin Panzer has led the team in rebounding five times in 27 games this season.
- Deonte Burton has 14 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for Jerry Evans Jr.