Although they were big favorites on Wednesday, Feb. 27, No. 4 Michigan was stunned by Penn State 84-78 in conference play. The Wolverines even the season series against Penn State at 1-1 with the loss. The Wolverines got a team-high 19 points and seven rebounds from Tim Hardaway Jr. Trey Burke had 18 points and added six assists. Ross Travis registered a double-double for the Nittany Lions with a season-high 15 points and 12 rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl). The next game will be on Sunday, Mar. 3 when Michigan (23-5, 10-5 Big Ten) hosts ninth-ranked Michigan State (22-6, 11-4 Big Ten).
Michigan Game Notes
- Michigan set a season low for blocks (one).
- This is the second loss of the season where the Wolverines opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Tim Hardaway Jr and Trey Burke) accounted for 47.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Nik Stauskas and Tim Hardaway Jr) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Tim Hardaway Jr has led the team in scoring in seven out of 28 games this season.
- Nik Stauskas has led the team in rebounding in three out of 28 games this season.
- Trey Burke has 28 straight double-digit point games.
Penn State Game Notes
- Jermaine Marshall recorded a team season high in three-pointers with six.
- The top two scorers (Jermaine Marshall and Devonte (DJ) Newbill) accounted for 50.0 percent of the points.
- Ross Travis accounted for 40.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jermaine Marshall has led the team in scoring 12 times in 27 games this season.
- Ross Travis has led the team in rebounding 17 times in 27 games this season.
- Devonte (DJ) Newbill has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Ross Travis recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Ross Travis recorded a double-double. It was the fourth of his career.
- Ross Travis set career highs with 15 points and four steals.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Jermaine Marshall's career.
- Jermaine Marshall has five straight double-digit point games.
- Jermaine Marshall set a career high with six three-pointers.