Virginia Tech 58
(12-16, 2-8 away)
(5) Miami 76
(23-4, 13-2 home)
Venue: BankUnited Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||E Green 16
||C Barksdale 7
||E Green 4
||S Larkin 22
||R Johnson 8
||S Larkin 6
Virginia Tech lost big against No. 5 Miami (FL) 76-58 in conference play on Wednesday, Feb. 27. Virginia Tech fell way behind at halftime, 38-19, and was never able to get back in it. The Hokies fall to 1-3 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the loss. The Hokies got a team-high 16 points and four assists from Erick Green. C.J. Barksdale had 12 points and added seven rebounds. For the Hurricanes, Shane Larkin finished with a game-high 22 points on 66.7 percent shooting. Virginia Tech (12-16, 3-12 ACC) gets Clemson (13-13, 5-9 ACC) at home on Saturday, Mar. 2.
Virginia Tech Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:42 left to go.
- The last time VT started the season 12-16 was 2002.
- Prior to this game, VT played 34 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 7-27.
- Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-7) after recording 58 or fewer total points.
- The Hokies have lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0 percent or better this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 22 or more free throws made this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 38.1 percent or better this season, Virginia Tech has lost 100 percent of the time (0-11).
- The top two scorers (Erick Green and C.J. Barksdale) accounted for 48.2 percent of the points.
- Erick Green has led the team in scoring in 26 out of 28 games this season.
- C.J. Barksdale has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 28 games this season.
- Erick Green has 28 straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Barksdale has three straight double-digit point games.
- C.J. Barksdale had a career high with six field goals made.
Miami (FL) Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shane Larkin and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 55.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Reggie Johnson and Kenny Kadji) accounted for 45.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Shane Larkin has led the team in scoring nine times in 27 games this season.
- Reggie Johnson has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 27 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Shane Larkin's career.
- Shane Larkin has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Kenny Kadji's career.
|C+||J. van Zegeren||18||2||3||1||1||0||0|