South Florida 44
(10-17, 2-9 away)
(23) Pittsburgh 64
(22-7, 17-3 home)
Venue: Petersen Events Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 27, 2013
||V Rudd 16
||V Rudd 7
||A Collins 4
||T Woodall 14
||D Taylor 10
||J Robinson 5
On Wednesday, Feb. 27, No. 23 Pittsburgh took on South Florida and waxed the Bulls 64-44 in Big East action. The first half was competitive, with Pittsburgh holding a 26-25 lead, but then the game got out of hand in the second half. Tray Woodall paced the Panthers and put up a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. James Robinson had four points and added five assists. Victor Rudd got a game-high 16 points and seven rebounds for the Bulls. Pittsburgh (21-7, 9-6 Big East) gets Villanova (18-11, 9-7 Big East) on their home court on Sunday, Mar. 3.
Pittsburgh Game Notes
- The last time Pittsburgh started the season 22-7 was 2009.
- Pittsburgh beat the spread by three points. That makes the 12th time this season the Panthers have beaten the spread.
- This was the 12th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, Pittsburgh has been on the winning end of 50 blowout games.
- The Panthers have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 19 or more free throws made.
- Pittsburgh has won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) when its three-point percentage has been 38.5 percent or better.
- Pittsburgh has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 44 or fewer total points.
- Pittsburgh has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 31.9 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Pittsburgh has won 90 percent of the time (9-1) when Tray Woodall has 14 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when James Robinson has four free throws made or more, and 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Lamar Patterson has five rebounds or more.
- Pittsburgh set a season low for steals (one).
- This is the 18th game at home this season--Pittsburgh has a 18.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Steven Adams recorded a team season high in blocks with five.
- The top two scorers (Tray Woodall and Dante Taylor) accounted for 40.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Dante Taylor and Talib Zanna) accounted for 40.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Tray Woodall has led the team in scoring in nine out of 29 games this season.
- Dante Taylor has led the team in rebounding in five out of 29 games this season.
- Tray Woodall has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Dante Taylor recorded the 11th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dante Taylor recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and third of his career.
South Florida Game Notes
- This was the fourth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, USF has been on the losing end of 18 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Bulls losing streak to 10 games.
- Victor Rudd accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Victor Rudd and Toarlyn Fitzpatrick) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Victor Rudd has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 12 times in 27 games this season.