Arkansas vs. LSU: Full Game Preview
|Arkansas||B Young 15.7||M Powell 5.2||B Young 3.8|
|LSU||J O`Bryant III 14.0||J O`Bryant III 8.7||A Hickey 4.0|
On Wednesday, LSU plays host to Arkansas at Pete Maravich Center. The game gets underway at 8 p.m. EST and it can be seen on SEC Network. The Tigers are 6-3 against the Razorbacks over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 8, 2012) they won 70-54.
Arkansas is in fifth place in the conference and LSU is in eigth place.
In a 97-94 triumph over Alabama on Feb. 23, Johnny O`Bryant III put up 24 points and 10 rebounds for the Tigers. A crucial part of the team, he leads the way with 14 points per game and 8.7 rebounds per game. For the Razorbacks, Coty Clarke finished with 18 points and 7 rebounds in the 71-54 loss to Florida on Feb. 23. He contributes 4.9 rebounds per game in addition to his 7.3 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Arkansas is strong in turnover percentage at 16.2 percent. This is good enough for second in the conference and 11th in the nation.
- Charles Carmouche is ranked 9th in the SEC in assists and 7th in the SEC in steals.
- Andre Stringer is ranked 7th in the SEC in three-pointers.
- Johnny O`Bryant III is ranked 6th in the SEC in rebounds.
- Over the past 10 years, LSU has had more players drafted by the NBA than Arkansas (six vs. two).
- LSU has an average margin of victory of 9 over Arkansas in 20 wins since 1980.
- AP voters think more highly of LSU and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Arkansas (37 vs. 14).
- A for effort, but LSU has emerged victorious against Arkansas the last two times they've played.
- LSU attacks the glass, with more rebounds (38.5 per game vs. 35.0 per game) than Arkansas this season.
- The LSU steals leader (Anthony Hickey, 76 steals) has more steals than the Arkansas steals leader (Mardracus Wade, 42 steals).
- LSU has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Arkansas (one vs. zero).
|B||J. O`Bryant III||29||14||9||2||0||1||3|
|D+||A. Del Piero||13||4||3||0||0||1||1|